“In time we hate that which we often fear.” -William Shakespeare
This originated from the song “I Don’t Like” by Kanye West. I know this because
I googled the lyrics am just so gangsta in my every day life. I would have also posted the lyrics, however there is one words which I don’t use which is repeated (I counted) 20 times, so I thought it would just be better to describe it.. You could also google the lyrics if you are not as gangsta as I am. Essentially he just goes on about all the “shit” he doesn’t like. I was going to title this “that’s that stuff I don’t like”, but I am pretty passionate about my hatred so I thought I should be more serious with using “shit”.. So lets do this yo!
1) Chipping worn off nail polish or unkept nails. This disgusts me. I cringe. I care a lot about my nails and I put a lot of time into maintaining them. When people do not care about their nails, it just boggles my mind. I paint my nails at least once a week, sometimes every other day. It irritates me more when nails are all different lengths. Is it that hard to pick up a file and get it symmetrical? Dirty nails are even worse. Clean that dirt from under there. You cannot look “clean” when your nails are full of dirt. That’s that shit I don’t like.
2) No “Your Welcomes”. I hate going out somewhere and order a coffee, food, so have you, and I respond with “Thank you” and it is not accompanied by a “You’re welcome”. Excuse me? I will even stand/not drive forward, I will even repeat myself until I get a “You’re welcome”. I think this stems back from my childhood when my mom would go all exorcist on us for not using “please/thank you/you’re welcome”. If I’ve repeated my “Thank you” 2, 3, 4, 5 times with no response I will use my facial expressions to get my point across. That’s that shit I don’t like.
3) Rude employees. This goes hand in hand with the above. If I was not the one to piss you off there is not reason for you to be rude to me. If you hate your job that much, QUIT. Otherwise I expect a smile and some type of friendliness. I was not the one who walked you into your place of employment, I was not the one who forced you to fill out an application, I was not the one who forced you to go to that interview, and I was not the one to force you to take that job. Nope, that was all you honey. So be happy or quit. That’s that shit I don’t like.
4) Private parties at a place of business. This too, goes with the above hate.I hate going to the bank, to get my nails done, to update my health card, etc, then you get up to that little till to discuss what you are there for (on sitting there while your nails are getting shaped) and then you feel as though you are interrupting a private conversation party with the staff at the said establishment. If I am attempting to deposit money, I do not need to hear about how your boyfriend upset you last night and how sad you are. Talk about this with your work friends on lunch. It’s awkward. Do I give my input? Do I act like the third wheel? No, I awkwardly stand there with a stupid look on my face. That’s that shit I don’t like.
5) Hair extensions. I have pretty long hair. I took this photo yesterday – it’s long. It’s taken a long long time to grow. I take pride in the fact that it is all natural. This hair extension fad disgusts me. You want longer hair? Take the time to grow it. Buy all the products, the argon oils, the hair masks, the heat protectants, go frequently for trims. Don’t do this whole extension thing. Do you know what irritates me the most about it? After years of hair growth I am asked “Are you wearing extensions” or “How did you get your extensions to look so natural”… The minute I look offended and say “it’s real” they immediately come in to touch it. I do not like being touched, especially by people I don’t know. That’s that shit I don’t like.
6) Talking for no reason. Chit chat with strangers in a public area such as a waiting room. Just because of the simple fact that we happen to be at the same place at the same time does not for any means suggest I want to talk to you. Call me anti-social. I don’t want to hear your life story, I do not want to know about your children, boyfriend’s sister, neighbours lovers lawn maintainance guy, I don’t care. Just because we are in the same place, does not for a second say “please talk to me”, and my God, you think the fact I am holding a book would indicate this. That’s that shit I don’t like.
7) Unintelligent conversation. This can either stand alone, or fall into the above area. I cannot stand unintelligent conversation. I cannot be bothered to listen. I cannot be bothered to contribute. I cannot be bothered to do anything besides looking bored. That’s that shit I don’t like.
8) 8 year olds in strollers. Okay, I believe if your child can walk there is no reason to inconvenience all the surrounding people in public places with your giant stroller. Have you seen the kids who are hitting 10 and being pushed around? My God, these kids have to contort their body to fit in there. They are playing on their iPads, texting, and doing homework while you push them around. How do you not stare at that? That’s that shit I don’t like.
What’s that shit that you don’t like?