“Be willing to be uncomfortable. Be comfortable being uncomfortable. It may get tough, but it’s a small price to pay for living a dream” – Peter McWilliams
Steaming back a few months ago when I wrote about the shit that I don’t like it gave me inspiration a while ago for a list of things which make me uncomfortable. I completely forgot about it until today when I stumbled upon a few posts all about things which make people uncomfortable.
While I was compiling my list I realized I am
really kind of weird. I feel like the strangest things make me uncomfortable.. What do you think?
1) Happy Birthday Song. I get super uncomfortable when every year on June 5th, people sing happy birthday to me. I just sit there in a chair all awkwardly as everyone around me is singing at me. What do you do during this time? Sit and smile? Sing along? Look around? I have no idea. I just sit there and feel uncomfortable and really awkward.
2) When I delete someone on Facebook. The best thing I did was almost a year ago when I deleted Facebook. It lasted about 6 months before I had to reactivate it for school. When I reactivated it, I decided that 1) I was a friend collector and 2) if I would not wish someone on my “friends” list a happy birthday, I was not keeping them. I started with 500 people which I deleted down to 80. Now, the only thing uncomfortable with that, is when I get a friend request from a deleted “friend”. What do you do? Accept then delete? Reject? It is just so uncomfortable having to deal with.
3) The Phrase “We’re Pregnant”. Okay. No. “WE’RE” not pregnant. I am (hypothetically) pregnant, WE’RE (hypothetically) expecting. It’s like if I had a brian tumor and told Jamie “We have a brain tumor”. No. It doesn’t work that way.
4) Lil’ Wayne’s Smile. I don’t even have the words. I will let the photo speak for itself. And no, it’s not the diamonds which cause the uncomfortableness. It is just the smile.
5) Unisex Babies. Okay, when you dress your son/daughter in gender neutral clothing when they are far too young to tell their gender, and then you give them a name like “Riley, Taylor, Jordan, Casey, Peyton, Addison” it makes everyone uncomfortable. “Oh what a cute little gi-oy-girl”.
6) Kids from age 2-10. I am not a kid person. I hate people who bring their kids to functions or in public and force their kid on you. Situations where you feel like you have to be nice to this kid, play with it, fish out compliments to their parents. I can’t stand it. It’s different if it is a cousin or close friend. Not strangers.
7) Bad dreams about someone. This is where I get really weird. If I have a dream about you where in my dream I hate you, or you kill me, or you hurt me, or I hurt you, I feel incredibly uncomfortable seeing you the next day. I kind of hold a day grudge/resentment to that person until I forget about my dream. Weird?
8) Waiting rooms. I am so uncomfortable waiting in doctors office waiting rooms. I get bored and I either embarrass myself OR I am staring at your discussing how you coughed up half a lung and then part of your liver also came out. Check out my actual doctors office stories…
9) Moist, squirt, puberty, panties. I have no reasoning, all 4 words make me cringe in uncomfortableness.
10) Being followed in a shop. It is so uncomfortable. I don’t want to talk to you, I don’t want your help, I am not going to steal, I don’t want to be pressured into buying something.
What makes you uncomfortable?